We're pleased to announce the availability of the 6/5/2011 releases of the Reactive Extensions (Rx) for .NET.
- Stable release - Reactive Extensions (Rx) v1.0.10605, also available on NuGet (search for packages with prefix Rx-)
- Experimental release - Reactive Extensions (Rx) v1.1.10605 (Experimental Release), also available on NuGet (search for packages with prefix Rx_Experimental-)
- Changed Windows Phone 7 version to no longer rely on features which are not available on that platform.
- Added CLSCompliant assembly attribute.
- Added AllowPartiallyTrustedCallers assembly attribute.
- Changed AsyncLock to use rethrow when exceptions occur.
- Replaced MutableDisposable and policy object by three types: SingleAssignmentDisposable (was SingleAssignment), MultipleAssignmentDisposable (was Replace), and SerialDisposable (was ReplaceAndDispose).
- Changed NewThreadScheduler to use a dedicated event loop for recursive scheduling.
- Removed unnecessary ForEach overloads. Use try-catch or statement composition to add code for OnCompleted or OnError, or leverage Do to perform side-effects.
- Changed Observable.Interval to not try to pump missed intervals.
- Added redist.txt file describing redistributable files.
- Stable Release available for .NET Framework 3.5, .NET Framework 4, Silverlight 4, and Windows Phone 7. NuGet packages available with prefix Rx-.
- Experimental Release available for .NET Framework 3.5, .NET Framework 4, Silverlight 4, Silverlight 5, and Windows Phone 7. NuGet packages available with prefix Rx_Experimental.
Give it a try and let us know what you think!