Friday, February 25, 2011

Blog Post: Stories That Move Mountains

In mid-2010 I held a series of training courses to cover many of the key techniques I?ve previously discussed on this blog. One attendee, Nick Malik, was in for his second time, the first being three years earlier. Another, Mark West, had been working with me as a contractor on a project. After the sessions Nick and I talked for a while and he suggested that I should write a book about the way I put the techniques together.

I?ve known various people over the years that have written books and it seemed like a lot of hard work, which with a day job I was not sure I wanted to take on. Move forward a month, Nick and Mark are now co-authors and we sat down to a few weekends of planning.

By October we had a plan, a chapter structure, even a name. By February we are well behind in the writing. Don?t let anyone tell you that writing a book is easy.

We have moved a long way though and I can certainly see we will be able to pull it all together. To help with the final miles of this marathon we have developed a web site where we can make a lot of the content available and also get feedback.

http://storiesthatmovemountains.com

All of the relevant blog posts from this site have been moved over and a lot more will now start to appear. This blog will now just focus on Enterprise Architect and IT topics.

Alexis Bledel Kim Kardashian China Chow Alecia Elliott Kat Von D

No comments:

Post a Comment